Daily hair grooming habits such as washing, brushing, and styling can cause a lot of damage to our hair, leaving it dry and frizzy. A solution to it would be Hot Oil hair treatment which has been around for several decades and it is extremely beneficial in improving dry and frizzy hair. Hot oils are able to penetrate the hair shaft much better and help to deeply nourish the hair. The treatment is suitable for all types of hair and it is important to choose the right type of oil for your hair texture condition. We will be talking about the different types of oils below.
- Olive Oil
A very rich natural oil that I am sure most of us are familiar with, it can be used to deeply moisturize and nourish the hair. Olive oils are packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and healthy fats, which makes it the perfect remedy to dry and itchy scalp . Additionally, olive oil can help to fight bacterial infections and strengthen the hair by improving blood flow in the scalp which prevents dandruff.
Ps: Sweet Almond Oil is a good alternative to olive oil!
- Coconut Oil
There are many benefits to using Coconut oil on the hair, it helps to hydrate the hair and tame the frizz. Coconut oil is mainly made up of a medium-chain fatty acid, lauric acid, which gives coconut oil a long, straight structure which helps it more easily be absorbed into the hair shaft. DIY hot oil treatment with coconut oil will give a new life to your hair and makes it healthy, bouncy, and voluminous.
- Lavender Essential Oil
Using Lavender Essential Oil in combination with the DIY Hot Oil hair treatment will help to add an extra notch. Lavender oil helps to condition the hair, promote hair’s health and growth! An extra bonus will be that it smells amazing!
DIY Coconut Hot Oil Treatment with Lavender Essential Oils :
( Once per Week )
1. Amount of coconut oil will depend on the length & thickness of the hair
( Short Hair : 3 Tablespoon / Shoulder-Length Hair : 5 Tablespoon / Long Hair : 8 Tablespoon )
2. Lavender Essential Oil
- Heat your desired amount of oil in the microwave for 2 minute
- Let the oil sit for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, check the temperature of the oil. Ideally, it should be similar to the temperature of a hot shower ( above body temperature but not too hot )
- Add 2 drops of an essential per tablespoon of coconut oil
( eg: 5 tablespoons of coconut oil & 10 drops of essential oil )
- Prep your hair for the coconut oil hair treatment, comb your hair to work out any knots, and drape a towel around the shoulders in case of any oil spillage.
- Pour about half of the oil directly onto the scalp and gently massage for 2 minutes
- Pour the remaining oil over the remaining length of your hair, gently massage it for 2 minutes to ensure the entire length is coated.
- Leave the oil treatment on for 30 minutes and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Rinse of the oil treatment
- Shampoo your hair twice to effectively remove the oil from the hair ( focus on the scalp area for the second wash!)
Taa-Daa, you will get to enjoy soft and smooth hair then!
Looking to achieve glowy hair? Head over to Cozmetic Hub to check out our range of hair products now!